Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekend Adventures

This past weekend, my best friend Denise came up to visit me! She has been my best friend since 3rd grade but I hadn't seen her in over a year so we had a lot of catching up to do. When she first told me she was coming to visit she said we had to visit the "Up!" house. So, we did! And it was AMAZING! Every detail of this house was straight from the movie (minus the downstairs which had a princess room, Andy's room from Toy Story, and a home theater). I am still trying to get Thad to buy it for me... I really want it. I guess for the opening they had tons of balloons attached to the top of the house, which would have been fun to see. But since it was barely above freezing, I don't think balloons would have lasted very long this weekend.





The mailbox is SO cute! I want to make one like this for me and Thad.


Denise and I kept coming back to the kitchen to admire it! I LOVED the blue appliances.
And of course their chairs! Though, my favorite detail of this room is his walker with the tennis balls on the bottom. You can't see them in the picture very well, but his big, thick glasses are sitting on the side table.
The home builder was so nice and even let me and Denise have a seat in the chairs that were roped off
Then there are their pictures in the stairway.
I thought all of his little ties were such a cute detail. All of them were short, just for Carl
This is Andy's room from Toy Story (though the name on the wall says Jack) but I love all the Toy Story details - it is after all one of my favorite movies
And this was in the nursery.

After we visited the Up house we went to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and as always it was delicious. We shared the Snickers cheesecake and it was so yummy

Sunday Denise was nice enough to give my hair a much needed make over! She did such a great job with it and I have gotten so many compliments.
Sadly the weekend ended too soon and we had to say our goodbyes since I had to work the next morning and she needed to head home. I was sad she had to leave but I had such a good time. It brought back a lot of memories from back when we were in school when we lived just 2 doors down from each other. Hopefully another year won't go by without visiting each other!

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog on google. This was a great post, thanks.

    ReplyDelete