Monday, September 26, 2011

Viva Las Vegas

Wow. What a crazy week it has been! It's only been a week since I got a phone call saying I had won a trip to Las Vegas to attend the IHeartRadio Music Festival. Originally when the tickets went on sale they sold out in less than 10 minutes so tickets were pretty much impossible to come by unless you wanted so shell out a couple hundred/thousand dollars. I was completely shocked! At first I thought maybe it was a hoax and just someone trying to get my information but I looked into it more and it was legitimate. It was Monday and they told me I'd be flying out Friday, but luckily for me I already had some time off scheduled for the end of the week and didn't have any plans. The prize for winning was a free round-trip flight to Las Vegas, airport transfers, 2 night stay at MGM Grand, and 2 tickets for the each night of the music festival. Pretty cool, eh? The first night our hotel room was just a basic room but the second night we were updated to the Celebrity Spa Suite which was AMAZING! It had a HUGE bathroom with spa tub and great views!
So, Friday came around and Thad and I headed off to Vegas. The whole talk of the town was this music festival. From the time we got off the plane, to checking into the hotel
, to everyone walking around on the strip, its all anyone was talking about. It was also advertised everywhere! I couldn't wait! Once we got checked into the hotel we went and picked up our tickets in the "winners suite" and then went to do some sightseeing. We went to Las Vegas on our honeymoon so it was fun to be back. It's amazing ho
w much it has changed in just 5 years!



The music festival was jam packed with the biggest artists! The first night included Black Eyed Peas, Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars, Carrie Underwood, Jane's Addiction, Coldplay, Alicia Keys, and Jay-Z. The second night had Steven Tyler, Randy Jackson (American Idol), Nicole Scherzinger, Jennifer Lopez, Sublime with Rome, Lady Gaga, Sting, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Nicki Minaj, and Usher. Ryan Seacrest was also the host. So many guest appearances too (Justin Timberlake anyone?)

Sadly my tickets were in the very top row in the back and with all the lights and smoke pictures were not turning out but I'm sure you can look online and see pics from performances if you want.

It was an amazing trip and I'm sad to be back home but I had a blast! If they have another festival next year I'll definitely try to win tickets to that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment