Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Ok, so my birthday isn't for another week and a half but I've already been spoiled!

First, on Saturday I went and got eyelash extensions for the first time! I love how they look! I didn't go too crazy with them (I don't think) and I love waking up in the morning and not having to put mascara on, or even clean it off my eyes from the day before! I don't know that it's something I will actually keep up on - probably more of a special treat for special occasions as it's a little pricey but we'll see.

Then on Sunday I was sitting on the couch watching TV and Thad brought down a wrapped birthday present! He told me he didn't want me to be bored while he was playing on his new computer so he gave this little beauty to me early!
Its a Kindle, from Amazon! I love to read so it was the perfect gift! I'm pretty much obsessed with it at the moment. If anyone else has one let me know so we can swap books :) Its nice because in Saratoga Springs we don't really have an established library yet so books there are sparse and going to the bookstore to buy them gets expensive. Amazon has tons of free books and also books that are only a dollar or two which makes it really affordable! I'll also be able to get the new books I want right when they come out and won't have to wait until I can make it to the store to get them!
I am, however, in search of some good books to read! If anyone has suggestions let me know!

I don't know how I feel about turning 25! I don't know what it is about turning 25, but I feel like it's finally the age where you are expected to be an adult. I mean, technically I have been one for years now, and for the most part lived my life like an adult, but once I turn 25 there won't be an excuse! I'm sure it won't be that bad once it actually comes, but until then, I'll just dwell on it!

2 comments: