Monday, June 27, 2011

Our 5th Anniversary Getaway

Thad and I had our 5th anniversary on Friday and decided to make a weekend of it. We spent Saturday at his brother's house playing games and watching fireworks, spent the night there, and then headed to Logan the next day. We got a room at the Anniversary Inn. I love this place. The rooms are all decorated with a different theme, and they are all really fun. This trip we decided we would stay in the Biker Roadhouse room; and we have no regrets! We got there about an hour before we could check in (though we already had early check-in reserved) but our room was ready and waiting for us anyway! When we walked in, the first room you come too looks like you are outside of a little house with a really nice motorcycle parked out front.



After exploring all the buttons on the motorcycle and Thad telling me about what they all do and how I would attempt to drive the thing, we decided to play a little pinball!



I am not very good at pinball. I have horrible hand-eye coordination, so I tend to hit buttons frantically, instead of concentrating on which ones I should really be hitting. Oh well, we still had fun!
Pool was another story! I'm pretty much a pro! (well maybe not, but Thad has a tendency to scratch on the very last shot trying to get the 8 ball in, so I ended up winning by default a lot. We had a blast wagering bets for the winner of each game! I think we broke about even!



When Thad booked the room, he added some options that don't come standard with the room, such as these champagne flutes filled with Hershey's Kisses that say "Happy Anniversary" on them. They were so cute and came in very handy with the sparkling cider that was provided.


He also had some rose petals scattered around the amazing bathtub! Add those to the "swan" towels, it was a very cute surprise! We did bring our own bubble bath and I think Thad added a bit too much because we probably had bubbles coming up to the top of the tiles on the wall. OOPS!



In the morning we had breakfast delivered to our room and had breakfast in bed! It was so yummy and was a great ending to a great weekend!


And then there are the gifts! I got Thad this watch a couple weeks ago as his anniversary present. I wanted to make it a surprise and give it to him on our anniversary, but I couldn't wait. I told Thad that the room at Anniversary Inn was my gift and that I didn't need anything else, but as always, he surprised me with a few other things! When he came home from work on Friday he had a beautiful bouquet of roses and a box of KitKats (my fave!)



This weekend probably rated among the top 3 for me since we've been together! It was so nice to be able to spend a weekend together without having to worry about housework or errands or even work. Hopefully we don't have to wait until our 10th anniversary to go back because we had such an amazing time.
♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. YAY! So glad you had fun! Looks like the biker room was a good choice!

    ReplyDelete